XML is a text-based markup language and XML Editor is a mark language editor which allow user to write error-free XML documents,validate your XML document against a DTD or a schema standards, and help you to create a valid XML structure.
if you looking for free XML Editor this article may help you to find some useful XML Editor.
XML Editor for web developer :
The documents created by oXygen XML Editor is validated against XML Schemas, Relax NG, DTD, NVDL and Schematron schema or embedded Schematron rules. The smart context sensitive editing saves your time and guarantees to give minimum number of validation errors. The editing area in oXygen XML Editor contain three tabs: the text based editing tab, the XML grid editor and the WYSIWYG xml editor tab.
- WYSIWYG XML Editor (Visual XML editor) : The Text based editing tab of the oXygen XML Editor demonstrates a new productive way of editing XML documents, similar to a word processor.
- Intelligent XML Editing : The context sensitive content assistant is changing the way you edit documents, helping you create valid content all the time.
- Extensible XML Editor : The Document Type concept is used to provide the built in support oXygen has for a number of XML frameworks (DITA, DocBook, TEI) but, more importantly, it can be employed to provide support for a user defined framework that needs to be shared with other users.
- XML Grid Editor : The oXygen's grid editor allows you to edit repetitive XML content in a special layout similar to a spreadsheet application, without the need to interact with markup.
- XML Outliner : oXygen XML Editor comes along with a powerful outliner which is automatically synchronized with the document changes.
- Unicode and Internationalization : oXygen XML Editor supports a large number of text encodings. Unicode is fully supported.
- Insert new items
- Delete existing items
- Add properties to specified items
- Delete properties to specified items
- Create a new document from a template
- Default template : XML,DTD,XSLT,XHTML,DocBook,W3C XML Schema,XML RelaxNG,MathML,SVG,XSL-Fo,Ant, CSS
- Open a recent document
- Import an HTML document, CSV (Excel) document
- Open/Save a document by FTP, webDAV, ZIP or JAR
- Drag'n Drop for tree nodes
- Undo,Redo Process
- Duplicate the sibling nodes
- Bookmark your node location
- Find/Replace with regular expression and incremental search
- Search with an XPath expression
ElfData XML Editor is a clean, simple and powerful graphical XML editing and validation tool. XML Editor has Unicode support, allowing working with XML in any language. It features full DTD validation, but doesn't require a DTD if you only want to do well-formedness validation.
It gives meaningful messages that point you a conflict with the XML to the DTD, and tell you why your XML conflicted the DTD. It can tell you if your XML is badly formed in other ways. It has two viewing modes, "Tree" mode and "Source" mode. Source mode lets you do text editing on your XML. XML Editor will tell you exactly where in your source an error exists, and the type of error, making fixing bad XML easy.
XMLmind XML Editor is a highly-extensible, multi-platform, Multilanguage, validating XML editor featuring a word processor-like view. It allow you to edit large, complex, modular, XML documents. XMLmind XML Editor is available in two editions: Personal Edition and Professional Edition. Personal Edition is free of charge, is restricted to non-commercial use and has fewer features than Professional Edition.
- Easy to use and yet extremely powerful integrated spreadsheet engine.
- Multiple, synchronized, views can be used to edit the same document.
- Validating XML editor
- Ready-to-use support for the XHTML, DocBook, DocBook v5, DITA, MathML 2 Presentation Markup, Simplified DocBook and DocBook Slides.
- Fully editable tree view and word processor-like view
- Supports many image formats (GIF, JPEG, PNG, SVG, TIFF, BMP, EPS, PDF, etc) through the use of image toolkit plug-ins.
- Multi-level undo/redo.
- Fully customizable Interface through the use of configuration files
- Configuration files and Jar files containing extension code can be centralized on an HTTP or FTP server.
- Multi-platform: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X.
XMLFox is a Windows based graphical XML editing and validation tool for creating valid, well-formed XML documents and/or XSD Schema. It includes an XML View, XML Tree, XML Grid, and XML Script modes for editing, as well as extensive find capabilities for text and XML data. Additional features include XML and Schema Validation, standard editing features, XSD Schema building and more.
- XML/XSD editor is the Windows based graphical tool for authoring, updating, exploring, validating XML documents.
- Intuitive xml and xml schema(XSD) editor
- XSD Schema Based Editing
- Tag Prompting
- XML and Schema Validation
- Standard Editor (Copy/Paste/Find/Replace) traits
- XSD Schema building feature
XMLEditPro v2 is an intuitive and simple XML editing tool for xml documents. v2.0 has a completely revised user interface and offers improved file management and document editing features.
- Navigate the DOM using a tree view.
- Edit XML, XSL, XHTML, DTD's, and practically any other file.
- Powerful document source editing.
- Switch between source, tree, and browser views.
- Write your own plug ins using vbscript
- Auto format XML documents.
- Integrated FTP and local file navigation.
- Integrated MSXML and Internet Explorer for XSL rendering.
- Drag-n-drop between documents and nodes.
- Visual Studio like interface.
- Paste XML from clipboard.