PSPad - text and code editor for programmer
PSPad Editor is a simple yet powerful universal freeware editor for Microsoft Windows . it's specially designed for people who work with plain text.
it offer various useful formatting functions, including a spell-checker, hex editor, CP conversion, text differences, templates, macros, auto-completion, Code Explorer and much more.
PSPad Editor is very easy to use and easy to install. The editor supports many file types and languages (VB, C++, SQL, PHP, ASP, Python etc.) with syntax highlighting. You can use PSPad as good IDE for any compiler.
There are macros, clip files and templates to automate repetitive tasks. An Integrated HEX Editor, support for project, file browsing, built-in FTP Client, Macro Recorder, File Search/Replace, Code Explorer, Code page conversion... these are just some of the many features that PSPad offers.
Features of PSPad Editor
- work with several documents at the same time (MDI)
- save desktop sessions to later reopen all session files
- FTP client - edit files directly from the web
- macro recorder to record, save and load macros
- search and replace in files
- text difference with color-coded differences highlighted
- templates (HTML tags, scripts, code templates...)
- installation contains templates for HTML, PHP, Pascal, JScript, VBScript, MySQL, MS-Dos, Perl,...
- syntax highlighting according to file type
- intelligent internal HTML preview using IE and Mozilla
- full HEX editor
- external compiler with output catcher, log window and log parser for an "IDE" effect in every environment
- color syntax highlight printing and print preview
- integrated TiDy library for formatting and checking HTML code, conversion to CSS, XML, XHTML
- export with highlight to RTF, HTML, TeX format to file or clipboard