10 new PHP based Content Management Systems (CMS)
PHP is everywhere . PHP is popular server-side scripting language,mostly you seen in wordpress blog platforms. wordpress blog platforms totally build in PHP. PHP is a powerful server-side scripting language for creating dynamic and interactive websites. It is the widely-used, free, and efficient alternative to competitors such as Microsoft’s ASP.
PHP is perfectly suited for Web development and can be embedded directly into the HTML code. The PHP syntax is very similar to Perl and C.
glFusion PHP (CMS) is a full featured open source Content Management System written in PHP. glFusion provides all the tools necessary to quickly create and maintain a content driven web site. glFusion also provides a rich application development environment.
glFusion is well organized and provides a very powerful system that is extremely easy to use. glFusion powers everything from personal blogs, to high volume community discussion sites.glFusion is released license under the terms of the GNU General Public License Version 2.
Dacomasy PHP (CMS) is a full featured open source database content management system written in PHP5. Dacomasy CMS uses XML files to define the management interface for tables in a database systems schemata.
[Image credit : Xaraya ]
Xaraya PHP (CMS) is a open source web application framework and content management solution written in PHP . Xaraya allow developer to create sophisticated web applications and designers enjoy considerable flexibility.Xaraya is released under the GNU General Public License.
Xaraya is fully dynamic multi-platform Content Mangement Solutions (CMS). it is extensible, uses robust permissions, and multilingual systems to dynamically manage content.
Frog CMS is a simple yet powerful content management system. Frog CMS is a PHP version of Radiant CMS, a well known Ruby on Rails application. Frog CMS requires PHP5, a MySQL database or SQLite 3 with PDO, and a web server (Apache with mod_rewrite is highly recommended).
Frog CMS offering an elegant user interface, flexible templating per page, simple user management and permissions, as well as the tools necessary for file management. it released under the GNU General Public License version 3.
pixie is a free, open source website maker that will help you to create your own website . pixie is completely different from other content management system. It allow you to select the type of site you want to start . A blog? Website for your band? Or a corporate look?
Pixie offer you clean, search engine friendly URLs and easily customized with CSS. There are various free themes to change the look of Pixie interface .
- Database backups
- File manager with tag support
- Free & Open Source
- jQuery support
- Modules, Themes, Plug-ins and Blocks
- Search Engine Friendly
- Spam Protected
- XHTML compatible rich text editor
Alfresco is the open source Enterprise Content Management (ECM) system offer you Document Management, Web Content Management, Collaboration, Records Management and Image Management. Alfresco is built with Java & compatible with both OS’s Microsoft Windows and Unix-like operating systems.
Features: Document Management:
- Simple Check-In/Out and Version Control
- Shared drive
- Open Search
- Integration with Microsoft Office
- Easily Integration with enterprise portals
- Rules for content applications
- Social tagging
- Lightweight Web Scripts
Web Content Management :
- Shared drive interface
- Multilingual management
- XML authoring and multi-channel publishing
- Simply preview in-context changes to any web page or web application
- Content lifecycle management
- Versioning and rollback of whole sites
- Reduce the risk of error with simple a virtualization of changes against a live site
Zimplit is a Open Source, lightweight, simple and customizable Content Management System for small web- and minisites . Zimplit so simple to use because of simple web interface and There is no standard admin area – you just log in and edit on-site .
It requires PHP 4.3+ to run & no databases required, all data is there, in HTML pages . Zimplit is also 100% search engine friendly CMS .
ImpressCMS is a community build Content Management System. ImpressCMS is a free PHP – MySQL content management system which is, currently, based on famous XOOPS. ImpressCMS uses a database to store the data required for running your ImpressCMS site. MySQL is currently supported.
- Database-driven CMS
- Fully modularized
- Supported World-wide
- Multi-byte Language Support
- Theme-based skinnable interface to easily customize.
TYPOlight content management system is an open source, object-oriented programming written in PHP 5 with a focus on accessibility and standards compliance. user-friendly user interface . TYPOlight content management system Meets W3C/WAI requirements
- Uses Ajax and Web 2.0 technologies
- Multi-language support
- Cross-browser CSS framework generator
- Built-in file manager and search engine
- Live update service
- Accessible XHTML strict output
- Front end output 100% template based
- Versioning and undo management
MODx is an Open Source PHP application framework with a capable built-in Content Management System (CMS). modx is a free, fast and flexible web application framework to build sites exactly how you want with Zero restrictions.
Super-simple templates in regular HTML/CSS/JS (any lib you want). MODx is first free PHP CMS to offer an API that fully supports to Web 2.0 Ajax technology.
- browser friendly Content Management System
- Strong Web Standards Support
- Web 2.0 Features (yes, that means Ajax)
- PHP Application Framework
- Graphical Installer
- Improved Rich Text Editors
- Better handling of aliases and menu indexes
- Robust CSS Menu Builder
- Improved Meta-tag and keywords controls
- Separate Manager and Web User sessions
- Improved Document Parser and Error handling
- Custom Content Types
- Bug fixes and usability tweaks
- free Search Engine Optimization (SEO) CMS