6 free and Open Source Learning Management System
A learning management system (LMS) is Web Application for delivering, tracking and managing training/education. LMSs range from systems for managing training/educational records to software for distributing courses over the Internet and offering features for online collaboration. Read More About Learning management system From Wikipedia
In this article, you will read about the 6 Open Source Learning Management System.
Moodle – Learning Management System
Moodle is a open source Learning Management System(LMS),also known as a Course Management System (CMS).The word Moodle was originally an acronym for Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment, which is mostly useful to programmers and education theorists.
Moodel is Free web application that educators can use to create Internet-based courses and web sites for their students. it come with, Flexible array of course activities – Such as Forums, Quizzes, Glossaries, Resources, Choices, Surveys, Assignments, Chats, Workshops. You can installed Moodle on any computer that can run PHP and use MYSQL for database.
eConf – open source e-learning software
eConf is an open source e-learning software, written in Java. It allows to easily record web sessions and has been used to record multiple computer science courses. eConf is an add-on to an HTTP proxy that is able to capture the web pages shown during the session and the voice of the presenter. The audio and the web pages are then synchronized to allow the students to listen to the recorded course.
Dokeos – online learning management system
Dokeos is a open source online learning management system . It provides all the features needed for e-learning and blended learning management : From Authoring to Reporting. Dokeos is a multilingual supported system which offers translations for over 34 languages and helping more than 1.000 organizations worldwide to manage learning and collaboration activities.
With Dokeos , user can manage courses, students, documents, forums and exercises, and import SCORM content and PowerPoint presentations directly into your learning paths, making it a wonderful solution in terms of interoperability.
- Online and collaborative authoring
- Live collaboration through videoconferencing
- Build your own templates and accelerate your production and online collaboration with the trainers team
- Learning path building: Create a SCORM e-course in a few hours
- Build your own images-based training scenario easily
- Interact with Blogs, Wikis, Forums…
- Handle your users, trainings and groups
- One portal, many sites. The idea solution for a multinational group or a decentralized administration.
- Articulate online activities and classroom exams
- Increase productivity through Ms-Office compliance
- Multi-criteria search engine
- Get accurate tracking of learners score, progress, time and collaborative interaction for Accurate reporting.
ATutor – Web-based Learning Management System (LMS)
ATutor is an Open Source Web-based Learning Management System (LMS), designed with accessibility and adaptability in mind. Administrators or web master can easily install or update ATutor in minutes, and develop custom templates to give ATutor a new look.
ATutor is a first Learning Management System, which complying with the W3C WCAG 1.0 accessibility specifications at the AA+ level and it also adopted the IMS/SCORM Content Packaging specifications ,that allow content developer to create reusable content which easily swapped between different e-learning systems.
Open e-LMS – SCORM Learning Management System
Open e-LMS is the first open source SCORM Learning Management System designed for business by business. Open e-LMS is a very simple to understand and easy to operate , Thanks to its simple and intuitive web interface. Open Elms also provides a Content Management System which enables the creation of professional e-learning content from scratch.
It come with Open Elms free library of e-learning courses and an e-learning course creation tool. Support and hosting options available from [email protected].
- Open Source SCORM e-learning
- Business Focused Learning Management System (LMS)
- Easy to Install
- Support for Articulate, Captivate
- Rapid e-learning development tools
- Update e-learning after delivery
eFront – E-learning and Human Capital Development system
eFront is an easy to use, visually attractive, SCORM compatible, E-learning and Human Capital Development system. It is suitable for both company and educational usage. It includes a wide variety of components that help you to create your lesson structure and add content, build online-tests, communicate with others, track users history and progress, conduct surveys, assign projects, and create certifications.
- Progress tracking
- Organize lessons at multiple conceptual levels called categories
- support for forum, chat, calendar, personal messages, file sharing and user-comments on topics.
- eFront includes a flexible visual content editor and internal support for pictures, sound, video, flash or java
- Upload, organize, use and share files with any other system user
- Create tests by assembling questions from a question pool. Several types of questions can be created, used and re-used
- Customization & usability
- SCORM compatible and certified platform
- Simple Yet powerful Search Engine for anything, anyone and anywhere inside the system
- Assign projects with deadlines to end-users and track their progress
- Create, share and analyze responses from people inside or outside your organization