The navigation interface is one of the most important parts of any application.
Correctly designed, it lets users find the information they need, easily and quickly.
With a tree menu control, also called tree view, the information is displayed in a hierarchical order, with the home topic at the top and the subordinated items underneath.
Beginner users like to use a tree of folders because it is easy to learn, experienced users like it because it is efficient in the number of clicks involved.
1 Gaia Ajax TreeView
Gaia Ajax Tree View is an Ajax-based TreeView Control that is very easy to use and flexible.
You can use static items and dynamic items. Static items are rendered as HTML output on the page and dynamic items are retrieved on-demand.
- Drag and drop
- Statically created items – Visible for search engines and spiders.
- Dynamically created items
- Complex child controls
- Easy to the skin – Builds from ul and il elements, follows standard HTML conventions
- Icons per item – Easily add up your own icons for your Tree View Items
- 100% XHTML compliant
- 100% WYSIWYG – Use from Visual Studio in 100% WYSIWYG environment
CheckTree is a W3C DOM based Tree Menu which offers Hierarchical / Multilevel trees.
You can customize your tree data through CSS which controls tree appearance. It’s an Object-orientated code for creating Checklist tree systems.
CheckTree is a Cross-browser compatibility with IE5+, NS6+, Opera7+, Safari, and similar.
4 Simple Tree Menu
Simple Tree Menu is originally created by Dynamic Drive.com. Its an unobtrusive Tree Menu script that turns any ordinary list (UL element) into a collapsible tree menu.
- Plug and play script that turns a UL list into a tree menu, with any sub-lists collapsed by default.
- Ability to specify that certain sublists be expanded by default, by giving that LI element a rel=”open” attribute.
- Simple CSS defines the look of the tree, such as the folder and list images to be used.
Rich client-side API provides complete control over the tree appearance and behavior.
6 Tigra Tree Menu
Tigra Tree Menu is look like exactly as Microsoft Windows Tree Control. It offers to expand/collapses unlimited levels of the tree on a single page all independently configurable.
- simple configuration file structure, easy to generate dynamically from database
- Easily add up your own icons for your Tree View Items.
- highly optimized code guarantees the incredible performance
- the best choice for site maps, online documentation and intranet applications
- can be used either inline or with frames
7 Animated jQuery Tree Menu
Animated Tree Menu based on jQuery created by Myles Angell.