If you are looking for the best file manager for your project using jQuery/Ajax/PHP. Take a look at this list with Free and powerful File Managers using jQuery/Ajax/PHP. All File Managers Based on jQuery, Ajax, PHP, and Mootools allow you to preview, upload and modify files and folders via the browser.
Best Free File Manager for the web
MooTools based File Manager
A web-based file manager based on Mootools allows you to upload and modify files and folders directly from the browser.
- Browse through Files and Folders on your Server
- Rename, Delete, Move (Drag & Drop), Copy (Drag + hold CTRL) and Download Files
- View detailed Previews of Images, Text-Files, Compressed-Files or Audio Content
- Nice User Interface 😉
- Upload Files via FancyUpload (integrated Feature)
- Option to automatically resize big Images when uploading
- Use it to select a File anywhere you need to specify one inside your Application’s Backend
- Use File Manager in TinyMCE
- Browse your directories & files on the server like FTP server
- Edit, copy, move (Drag&Drop), delete files from the server.
- Search, upload, and download files.
- Create and extract archives.
- Create New files and directories
AjaXplorer – Online Free File Manager
AjaXplorer is a web-based free File Manager, which is an easy to install file explorer for remotely managing files on a web server. Its “rich client” layout and actions make it accessible to any end-user for various purposes: file management/sharing, photo gallery, code browsing, etc. Only PHP (4 or 5) is necessary; no database needed.
- Rename/Copy/Move/Delete/Download files or folders
- Upload multiple files and track status with a progress bar (Flash required and no HTTPS)
- Create folders and empty files
- Edit Text files and code files (js, PHP, HTML, Java, SQL, Perl); the editor’s syntax.
- View Images online, preview images in the list, diaporama of a given folder
- Listen to MP3s online without downloading them.
- Watch flash videos online.
- Full Screen supported
- Browse and Extract ZIP files online
Relay -Ajax-based Free File Manager
Relay is an ajax based free file manager for the Web that allows you to preview the thumbnail, including pdf, upload, and modify files and folders via the browser.
Compatible with ;
- PHP version 4+
- MySQL version 4+
- Perl 5.8.0 (for upload progress)
- Easily drag-n-drop files and folders
- Dynamic loading file structure
- The active upload progress bar
- Thumbnail preview, including pdf
- Multiple users & accounts for sharing
Filenice – Free PHP File Browser and Manager
Filenice is a free PHP file browser, and it is helpful if you have a ‘dump’ folder on your server where you regularly upload files, and you want to be able to see what’s there.
- Source viewing of code
- Preference-based sorting
- Folder comments
- easy and quickly Send to Flickr
- preview about File details
- Folder specific slideshows of images without reloading pages.
phpXplorer – Open Source File Management Tool
phpXplorer is an open-source file management system written in PHP. It enables you to work on a remote file system through a web browser. It has dialogs for editing HTML, PHP, image, Apache, compressed, and email file by defaults. Its modular design makes it easy to build your file types, property sheets, views, and themes.
FileVista Online File Manager
FileVista is a web file manager for storing, managing and sharing files online through your web browser. It is Web-based software that you install on your webserver to fulfill the web file management requirements of your company or organization. This web file manager allows your users to upload, download, and organize any File with an intuitive user interface.
FileMan Web-based File Manager
FileMan helps you to quickly and easily access your website’s files and directories through any compatible browser. You can perform many tasks such as creating and editing HTML files, uploading one or multiple files with ASCII/binary transfer capability, and searching for data based on file names or full-text searches, replacing files.
CKFinder – Ajax file manager
CKFinder is powerful and easy to use the Ajax file manager for web browsers. Its user-friendly interface makes it intuitive and quick to learn for all kinds of users, from advanced professionals to Internet beginners.
- Complete source code included for the server-side integration.
- Secure file uploads.
- Quickly responses without refreshing page.
- Lightweight and user-friendly interface.
- Complete user control: create, rename, and delete folders and files.
- Multi-language support with automatic user language detection.
- Quality image thumbnails, making it quick to find things.
- Folders tree navigation.
FileRun – Free PHP File Manager
FileRun is a free PHP-based online file manager that allows you to manage files stored on your web server through an innovative, user-friendly (Ajax) interface. The file manager is a 100% Web-based file management system. A browser is the only thing a user will need for sending and receiving files. There’s nothing to download; you can easily access your documents or files from any computer with an Internet connection and a standard browser.
- user-friendly Ajax interface
- Download folders by zipping them on the fly!
- Upload folder without zipping them.
- PHP upload limitation configuration directives.
- Unlimited space for hosting any size of files
- Efficiently manage files already existing in the file system (No import required!).