If you are looking for Free and powerful File Managers Based on PHP, ready to use in your web projects, and easy to customize, take a look at this list with Free and powerful File Managers using PHP. All File Management Based on PHP allows you to preview, upload, and modify files and folders via the browser.
Best 7 Web-Based Free File Manager written in PHP
Omnistar – web-based PHP file manager
Omnistar is Easy to use web-based PHP file manager that allows web admins to set up secure online file storage. It gives your users access to a document repository without using any additional software. With Omnistar, you can easily create unlimited user accounts and give users custom permissions to various folders and files and upload large files with a Java file upload tool.
Omnistar PHP file manager is straightforward to use, so non-technical users can easily share and manage files online from anywhere, using only a web browser. It includes drag and drops uploading, progress bar view, version control, user email notification, and a fully customized interface. Demo: Omnista Demo
- browse your directories & files on the server like FTP server
- edit, copy, move (Drag&Drop), delete files from the server
- search, upload, and download files,
- create and extract archives,
- create new files and directories
Window XP Style Online File Manager – PHP Navigator
PHP Navigator is a User-friendly Windows XP-style web-based file manager written in PHP and AJAX. Easy to install and configure.
- User-friendly Explorer-style navigation and view. Fully customizable.
- Multi-user support
- Advanced AJAX & DOM to avoid reloading the entire page.
- Gzip deflate encoding gives you rocket speed data transfer!
- It inherits the color scheme of your window system. See the magic of css2!
- Thumbnail view for wbmp,jpg,png,gif.
- Right-click context menu.
- Built-in HTML editor, Code editor
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Download folder as zipping.
- Extract the zip archive to the current folder.
- And BEST OF ALL, it’s FREE!!
Download: PHP Navigator
Web File Manager
Web File Manager is a web-based application for file management written in PHP. File Manager enables easy file management and image previews. One of the main features is UNDO/REDO capabilities for all operations (delete, copy, move, pack, etc.) and packing files into several archive types.
- Internal clipboard manager
- History manager
- Image viewer
- Browse directories
- Easily Upload and Download
- Compress in several archives types (ZIP, TAR, GZ, TGZ)
- Copy and Move, Rename and Delete files
- New directory and file creation
Demo: Web File Manager Demo
FileRun is a web-based (PHP) file management system that allows you to manage files stored on your web server through an innovative, user-friendly (Ajax) interface. fileRun is a 100% web-based (PHP) file management system, and a browser is the only thing a user will need for sending and receiving files.
There’s nothing to download; you can easily access your documents or files from any computer with an Internet connection and a standard browser.
- user-friendly Ajax interface
- Download folders by zipping them on the fly!
- Uploads folders (without having to zip and Unzip them).
- Unlimited space for Uploads files of total sizes, overcoming PHP upload limitation configuration directives.
- Efficiently manage files already existing in the file system (No import required!).
Nexus is a cross-platform, Open-Source Web-Based File Management for Personal and Small Business Use. Nexus makes it Easy to Add, Modify, Delete and Organize files in a web-based application that manages information in a robust, powerful, and fast MySQL database.
With Nexus, you can add multiple files simultaneously using the mass upload control by dragging your desktop onto the widget. All users’ activity is tracked along with source IP address, client browser, and other information to give administrators a clear picture of how the application is being used. Nexus required PHP 5.2.x or later and use MySQL 4 or later for the database.
- Document Storage
- Document History
- File Access Control
- File type Awareness
- Mass File Management
Demo: Nexus Demo
QuiXplorer is a multi-user, web-based file manager. It allows you to manage and share files over the internet or an intranet. You can easily browse directories, showing names, file sizes, file types, modification times, and permissions. Each user has his/her settings, and Administrators can easily manage authenticated users.