If you are looking for Free and powerful File Managers Based on PHP. These file manager are ready to use and easy to customize.
Take a look at this list with Free and Open Source File Manager. All File manager Based on PHP allows you to preview, upload, and modify files and folders via the browser.
Tiny File Manager
Tiny file manager is a Web-Based Open source File Manager written in PHP, Manage your files efficiently and quickly with Tiny File Manager, and it is a simple, fast, and small file manager with a single file.
- Open source, light weight and extremely simple to use.
- It helps to create, Edit, Copy, Move, and download your files quickly, at any time from anywhere. Use it as your private cloud storage.
- Advanced AJAX multiple file upload with progress bar.
- Ability to drag and drop files directly from your local drive to browser’s window to start upload.
- multiple file upload
- upload using URL with file extensions filter
- Multiple User access with their own folder, permissions and access roles.
- Easy to search your files
- Filter by type, by extension.
- Easy to compress and extract files.
- Create archives with zip or unzip and decompress files online
- A browser based code editor to edit files.
FileGator – Self Hosted File Manager
FileGator is a Self Hosted, open-source file manager for managing your files and folder. It’s an multi user file manager allow you to manage files and folder inside your local repository folder.
So we have admins and other users who manage files and folder with different access roles, permission and hole folders.
- Allow to copy, move, rename, edit, create, delete, preview, zip, unzip, download, upload files from server
- users can download multiple files or folders at once.
- Support for Drag and drop, progress bar, pause and resume.
- Multiple 3rd party storage adapters (Local, FTP, Amazon S3, Dropbox, DO Spaces, Azure Blob and many others via Flysystem)
- Multiple auth adapters with roles and permissions and session adapters
- Single page front end
- Zip and Bulk download support
- No database required
- Framework Free File Manager
PHPFileManager is a complete file management tool on a single file. User get instant file access and verify the server PHP configuration and security.
- Directory Free, with Ajax loading
- Shell terminal emulator
- Multi platform
- copy/move/delete/create/rename/edit/view/chmod files and folders
- Easy to scan Port using PHP sockets
- All PHP versions compatible (PHP4,5,6, and 7)
- Provide native support for tar/zip/bzip/gzip file format
- code editor with syntax highlight
- Multiple Uploads
- Password protected
- Multi lingual
Filerun – self hosted file sync and sharing tool
Filerun is a self hosted file sync and sharing tool. it give you instant web access to your files and folder on your server by pointing Filerun tool to where you keep the files on your server.
You can also access your files by FTP, SMB, and WebDAV. Just upload, download or manage the same files. File requests help you to collect and receive files from anyone, directly from the FileRun user account, with just a link.
It’s an ideal tool for managing a large file or handling files, photos after a particular case, and requesting submissions from coworkers and clients.
- Multi platform
- No import required. it’s an self hosted file sync and sharing tool
- Guest User account allow you to collaborate with other user without creating account.
- Easily Accessible from anywhere at anytime.
- The automatic file versioning system prevents you from accidentally overwriting existing files.
- Safe and Secure
- Cross Site Scripting (XSS) protection and SQL injections protection.
- Session Hijacking and Brute force login attempts protection.
- 100% support for HTTPS/SSL.
Responsive FileManager – Open Source PHP File Manager
Responsive FileManager is a free, open-source file and image manager made with jQuery, CSS3, PHP, and HTML5. It offers an excellent and elegant way to upload and insert files, images, and videos.
Use it as a standalone file manager to manage and select files. The file manager automatically creates a thumbnail of pictures for the preview list and also creates external thumbnails to use on your site.
In addition, it can be configured for automatic resizing of uploaded images or to automatically limit the size. Finally, you can personalize the configuration for each folder. Also, set a subfolder as the root and change the setting for each user, page, or FileManager call.
FileBrowser – PHP based File Manager
FileBrowser provides a file managing user interface within a specified directory and allows uploading, deleting, previewing, renaming, and editing files.
Provide support for Multi-users, and each user has their directory and access permission. In addition, you can use FileBrowser as a standalone app to access files from your server.