The Best Clean Code Linter for Write Clean Code
Clean code is a reader-focused code writing style that produces readable, easy-to-maintain code—writing clean code that doesn’t require much explanation is considered art.
Programmers usually start writing clean code once they realize that the code they are writing is not just for the computer to execute; it’s also for others to read, extend, or build upon.
Thus, writing clean code is a skill every professional programmer should seek to obtain. Of course, it will not be an easy task, but in the end, it is definitely worth the effort.
Here are the 12 simple, easy-to-use Clean code linter and code formatter for software programmers and developers to write clean code.
1 Standard JS
- Automatically clean and format code, all you need to do is run simple command standard –fix and say goodbye to messy or inconsistent code.
- Early detect style issues and programmer errors – Save precious code review time by eliminating back-and-forth between reviewer & contributor.
It is used by all leading software development and tech companies.
- It uses an AST to evaluate patterns in code.
- Completely pluggable, every rule is a plugin, and you can add more at runtime.
- ESLint statically analyzes your code to find problems quickly.
- Many problems ESLint finds can be automatically fixed.
- Preprocess code, use custom parsers, and write your own rules that work alongside ESLint’s built-in rules.
- You can customize ESLint to work exactly how you need it for your project.
Coffeelint is a style checker and linter for CoffeeScript code. It makes your CoffeeScript code more clean and consistent.
5 CSScomb JS
CSScomb is a coding style formatter for CSS. You can easily write your configuration to make your style sheets beautiful and consistent. The main feature is sorting properties in a specific order.
6 SCSS Lint
SCSS Lint is a tool to help keep your SCSS files clean and readable by running it against a collection of configurable linter rules. You can run it manually from the command line or integrate it into your SCM hooks.
7 Prettier · Opinionated Code Formatter
Prettier is an opinionated code formatter. It makes a consistent style by parsing your code and re-printing it with its rules that take the maximum line length into account, wrapping code when necessary.
8 Husky Code Formatter
Husky is a lightweight, zero-dependency code formatter. When you commit or push, it allows you to lint your commit messages, run tests, lint code, etc. It supports all Git hooks.
Checkstyle is a code linter and development tool to help programmers write clean Java code that adheres to a coding standard. It supports the Google Java Style Guide and Sun Code Conventions by default but is highly configurable. It can use with an ANT task and a command-line program.
RuboCop is a Ruby static code analyzer and formatter. Out of the box, it will support many of the guidelines outlined in the community Ruby Style Guide. Besides reporting the problems found in your code, RuboCop can automatically fix many of them for you. Furthermore, It is extremely flexible and Can tweak most aspects of its behavior via various configuration options.
OCLint is a static code analysis tool and code linter for improving quality and reducing defects by inspecting C, C++, and Objective-C code.