5 Best Free time tracking apps for freelancers
Time tracking for freelancers is one of the most requested apps in the world of productivity. It lets you visualize how much time you spent on specific projects.
So that you can make a better decision or see if you’re spending too much effort on unnecessary tasks, we’ve prepared the best free time tracking apps for freelancers to help you stay on top of work in this post.
Best Free time tracking apps for freelancers
1 Toggl Track for freelancers
Toggl Track is a simple time and productivity tracker that helps you understand how much your time is worth.
In addition, the app allows you to track your time with just one click – filling timesheets has never been this easy!
With a simple tap, The app starts tracking your hours, monitoring where you are spending your most time, analyzing that data through your reports and graphs, and then sorts them by projects, clients, and tasks – find out what’s making you money and what’s holding you back.
- One-click Timers
- Background Tracking
- Calendar integrations
- Auto tracker
- Favorite time entries
- Jira Sync
- Summary, detailed and weekly reports
- Saved your reports
- Easy to schedule your reports to email
- Time Rounding
2 TimeCamp Time Tracker
TimeCamp is a free time tracker for teams. Exact timesheets and detailed reports let you improve the profitability of your projects, track your employee’s performance, and collaborate with your team and clients.
Its automatic real-time tracking features make TimeCamp an all-in-one centralized system for project management.
Easy to integrate TimeCamp with your favorite apps to get the most out of your team or freelance work!
- Easy to track team performance
- Proper timesheets and detailed reports help you to improve project profitability.
- Track and analyze their productivity and time spent on different apps and websites.
- Automatic time tracking
- Detailed reports and more insights with productivity tracking
- One-click timesheet approvals
- Attendance tracking
- Easy invoicing
- Easy and Quick integration with more than 100 apps and work tools
- Log your time offline.
- Easily make notes on every time entry you are working on
- Mark time entry as billable or non-billable
3 RescueTime – Best Free time tracking apps for freelancers
RescueTime is an automated productivity and time tracker that helps you better understand your daily habits and manage the time spent on projects.
Get detailed insights into how you spend your day, build better habits, and beat distractions. Users can improve their productivity by setting goals to help them stay focused and keep on track of work.
You can also set alarms to tell them when a specific activity takes more time than allotted. In addition, it gives you a clear picture of what you were doing all day to manage your digital life better.
For example, if you walk away from your desk for a few minutes, RescueTime automatically detects when you’re away and stops tracking.
- Activity dashboard
- Automatic time capture
- Employees Database
- Idle Time Monitoring
- Mobile Access
- Screen Activity recording
- Time Tracking & timesheet Management
4 Everhour time tracker for Freelancers
Everhour is a team-oriented time tracking tool that lets you track your team member’s time on specific tasks or projects.
You can use Everhour as a standalone app or easily integrate it with any project management tool like Asana, Basecamp, Trello, or Jira.
This way, the time tracker is easily added to your favorite project management dashboard, and your team member doesn’t need to switch between multiple apps.
Instead, they stay in a user-friendly interface, making time entries very accurate.
In addition, the time tracker offers a set of tools to seamlessly handle tasks during their entire life cycle, such as budgeting, forward resource planning, expenses tracking, visual dashboards, flexible reports, and many more.
- Seamless integration with many leading project management tools
- Timer or manual entry
- Track day or weekly views
- Automatic Sync
- Detailed Reports
- Jira native plugin
- Optimize your processes through detailed and highly customizable reports.
- Keep your team on track with an easy-to-use time tracking tool that helps you and your team stay on time and on budget.
- Create tasks, track time, and update team performance in one place so your project stays transparent and on schedule.
5 Hubstaff time tracking tool
The all-in-one employee time tracking and Productivity Monitoring tool offers unique features like activity monitoring, automatic payroll, screenshots, advanced reports, real-time tracking, and GPS.
The software provides online and offline tracking support and easily integrates Hubstaff tracker into your favorite apps like Trello, Asana, Slack, and PayPal.
It’s an ideal tool for remote and field service teams, SMBs, and freelancers. No matter how many different teams and projects you have, all come under the same account, in separate projects.
Also, the different team members can have different settings and permissions.
- Time tracking with screenshots
- Online and Offline Tracking
- Automated Payroll
- Seamlessly integrate with over 30+ tools like Asana, Trello, Slack, and PayPal.
- Manage multiple teams and projects under the same account
- GPS location Tracking