LifeType – Open source Blogging Platform
Lifetype is an open-source blogging platform with support for multiple blogs and users in a single installation. The goal of the LifeType project is to create a stable multi-domain,multi-user, multi-blogging platform, to strengthen the concept of communities around blogs.
it supports multiple blogs and users, seamless media management and easily integration with your blog, generation of standards compliant content, clean URLs, support for sub domains, even more than one domain served by one single installation and podcasting. Additionally, its powerful plugin framework allows its features to be extended and expanded in many ways so users are not restricted by the features provided by the core.
Lifetype requires at least PHP 4.3.0 version and use MySQL 3.23 for database.
Here are some key features of "LifeType":
- User Friendly Interface : The Dashboard provides you with all the information you need every time you log in. Recent articles, comments and trackback as well as brief statistics get you updated about your blog immediately.
- Integrated Media Management : Podcasting, automatic thumbnail generation, mass uploading of files, a file browser and custom descriptions for each file is supported through it user friendly administration interface.
- Choose your Style : Easy to customize your interface. Installation is as easy as uploading a file through your administration interface!
- Built-in anti-spam Filter : The built-in bayesian spam filter keeps comments and trackbacks in you blog clean. And comment moderation, Captchas and trackback validation is available through plugins.
- Support for Trackbacks : LifeType will automatically find the trackback URL of the blog you are linking to.
- Multiple Users per Blog : You can easily give your friends permissions to write in your weblog, making collaborative web sites even easier!
- Performance : Due to Template caching, data object caching and serious code refactoring, it improve performance and keep the system load as minimal as possible make LifeType fast and reliable even with very large and busy communities.
- Create SEO friendly URLs : Toggle a setting in the configuration of the site and LifeType will automatically use cruft-free URLs instead of the old style, raw ones.
- Nice and Clean Code : LifeType is based on a Model-View-Controller framework providing flexibility and scalability. Documentation is generated with Doxygen and the most recent API is always available.
- XMLRPC : LifeType supports an XMLRPC interface for remote creating and editing articles.