LifeType – Open source Blogging Platform
Lifetype is an open-source blogging platform supporting multiple blogs and users in a single installation. The LifeType project aims to create a stable multi-domain,multi-user, multi-blogging platform to strengthen the concept of communities around blogs.
It supports multiple blogs and users, seamless media management and easy integration with your blog, generation of standards-compliant content, clean URLs, support for subdomains, and even more than one domain served by one installation and podcasting. Additionally, its powerful plugin framework allows its features to be extended and expanded in many ways, so the features provided by the core do not restrict users.
Lifetype requires at least PHP 4.3.0 and uses MySQL 3.23 for the database.
Here are some key features of “LifeType”:
- User-Friendly Interface: The Dashboard provides you with all the information you need every time you log in. Recent articles, comments, trackback, and brief statistics get you updated about your blog immediately.
- Integrated Media Management: Podcasting, automatic thumbnail generation, mass uploading of files, a file browser, and custom descriptions for each file is supported through its user-friendly administration interface.
- Choose your Style: Easy to customize your interface. Installation is as easy as uploading a file through your administration interface!
- Built-in anti-spam Filter: The built-in bayesian spam filter keeps comments and trackbacks in your blog clean. And comment moderation, Captchas, and trackback validation are available through plugins.
- Support for Trackbacks: LifeType will automatically find the trackback URL of the blog you are linking to.
- Multiple Users per Blog: You can easily permit your friends to write in your weblog, making collaborative websites even easier!
- Performance: Due to Template caching, data object caching, and serious code refactoring, it improves performance and keeps the system load as minimal as possible, making LifeType fast and reliable even with very large and busy communities.
- Create SEO-friendly URLs: Toggle a setting in the site’s configuration, and LifeType will automatically use cruft-free URLs instead of the old-style, raw ones.
- Nice and Clean Code: LifeType is based on a Model-View-Controller framework providing flexibility and scalability. Documentation is generated with Doxygen, and the most recent API is always available.
- XMLRPC : LifeType supports an XMLRPC interface for remote creating and editing articles.