6 PHP/Ajax Based Chat Application
While talking about PHP/Ajax Based Chat Application, People think about the Gmail and Facebook inline chat modules which are very popular inline chat modules.
Here are the best PHP – Ajax based Chat Applications which is very useful to create your own chat applications.
6 PHP/Ajax Based Chat Application
1 Mia Chat – PHP/Ajax Chat Application
It functions similarly to the messenger applications, you can add a smiley, chat with several users at the same time, change your online status & more.
Mia-Chat aims to support the many databases for storing data like; MySQL 4, MySQL 5 IBM DB2, Oracle 8+, MS SQL Server 2000+, SQLite 2+, PostgreSQL 7+ and also PHP 5 and Apache Web Server 1.3+ require to run smoothly.
Download:- Mia Chat
It stores the data in an XML file, but you can switch to MySQL it’s an optional and provides an easy to use user-friendly interface enhanced by the light-weight library, Mootools.
For Security, Jibberbook uses HTML Filtering for filtering inputs against XSS attacks and Akismet for spam protection.
3 wTag – PHP/Ajax shoutbox
It uses the MySQL database to stores the data and support to CSS based drop-down smiley menu for easily enable/disable the display of smiley and smiley menu.
- Replace URLs caught in a message with clickable links.
- UTF-8 encoding for multilingual support.
- Compliance with XHTML 1.0 Transitional and CSS.
- Highly customizable: it’s easy to change the chatbox look by editing the CSS files.
- A form of validation and warnings display system.
- Anti-spam filter: blocks messages that contain words or phrases that you set in the configuration file.
4 AJAX Chat
Ajax chat also supports voice chat using Flash, Socket support using Flash on client-side, and Ruby on server-side.
You can easily integrate AJAX Chat with PhpBB, MyBB, PunBB, SMF, vBulletin, and other PHP community software.
Some beautiful features include :
- Multilanguage support
- Multiple channels
- Private messaging
- Private channels
- Kick and Ban offending Users
- Online users list with user menu
- BBCode support
- Splitting of long words to preserve chat layout
- Clickable Hyperlinks
- Flood control
- Possibility to delete messages inside the chat
- Easy interface to add custom commands
- Possibility to enable/disable guest users
- Multiple styles
- Chat window adjusts to the browser window with included styles
- Standards compliance (XHTML 1.0 strict)
- Realtime monitoring and logs viewer
- Easy integration into existing authentication systems
- Well commented source code
Ajax Chat required the following scripts to run smoothly.
- PHP >= 4
- MySQL >= 4
- Ruby >= 1.8 (optional)
- Enabled Cookies
- Flash Plugin >= 9 (optional)
Download:- Blueimp’s Ajax Chat
AjaxIM is a browser-based instant messaging client that uses ajax to create a real-time chat environment.
It can be added to any intranet, and social websites or communities to help the user to easily communicate with each other.
6 YShout 5 – PHP/Ajax Shoutbox
YShout 5 is a lightweight yet full-featured package that allows you to easily add an interactive shoutbox to your website so that you can easily chat with your visitors in real-time.
It also Fully customizable via CSS, It means you can easily change your YShout 5 appearance as per your website requirement.
YShout is the perfect complement to your standards-valid website. It outputs proper XHTML styled by completely customizable (and almost equally valid) CSS.
YShout is also non-intrusive, so you can stop worrying about ruining your perfect markup. Just toss in an empty div and you’re done!
Download:- YShout 5