The Best PHP/Ajax Based Chat Application
Here are the best PHP – Ajax-based Chat Applications, which are very useful for creating your chat applications.
6 PHP/Ajax-based Chat Application
1 Mia Chat – PHP/Ajax Chat Application
It functions similarly to the messenger applications, and you can add a smiley chat with several users simultaneously, change your online status & more.
Mia-Chat aims to support the many databases for storing data like; MySQL 4, MySQL 5 IBM DB2, Oracle 8+, MS SQL Server 2000+, SQLite 2+, PostgreSQL 7+, and also PHP 5 and Apache Web Server 1.3+ require to run smoothly.
Download:- Mia Chat
It stores the data in an XML file, but you can switch to MySQL. It’s optional and provides an easy-to-use, user-friendly interface enhanced by the lightweight library, Mootools.
For Security, Jibberbook uses HTML Filtering for filtering inputs against XSS attacks and Akismet for spam protection.
3 wTag – PHP/Ajax shoutbox
It uses the MySQL database to store the data and supports the CSS-based drop-down smiley menu to enable/disable the smiley and smiley menus.
- Replace URLs caught in a message with clickable links.
- UTF-8 encoding for multilingual support.
- Compliance with XHTML 1.0 Transitional and CSS.
- Highly customizable: it’s easy to change the chatbox look by editing the CSS files.
- A form of validation and warnings display system.
- The anti-spam filter blocks messages containing words or phrases you set in the configuration file.
4 AJAX Chat
It also supports voice chat using Flash, Socket support using Flash on the client-side, and Ruby on the server side.
In addition, you can easily integrate AJAX Chat with PhpBB, MyBB, PunBB, SMF, vBulletin, and other PHP community software.
Some beautiful features include :
- Multilanguage support
- Multiple channels
- Private messaging
- Private channels
- Kick and Ban offending Users
- Online users list with user menu
- BBCode support
- Splitting of long words to preserve chat layout
- Clickable Hyperlinks
- Flood control
- Possibility to delete messages inside the chat
- Easy interface to add custom commands
- Option to enable/disable guest users
- Multiple styles
- The chat window adjusts to the browser window with included styles
- Standards compliance (XHTML 1.0 strict)
- Realtime monitoring and logs viewer
- Easy integration into existing authentication systems
- Well commented source code
Ajax Chat required the following scripts to run smoothly.
- PHP >= 4
- MySQL >= 4
- Ruby >= 1.8 (optional)
- Enabled Cookies
- Flash Plugin >= 9 (optional)
Download:- Blueimp’s Ajax Chat
AjaxIM is a browser-based instant messaging client that uses ajax to create a real-time chat environment. It can add it to an intranet and social websites or communities to help users easily communicate with each other.
6 YShout 5 – PHP/Ajax Shoutbox
YShout 5 is a lightweight yet full-featured package that allows you to easily add an interactive shoutbox to your website so that you can easily chat with your visitors in real time.
It is also Fully customizable via CSS, Which means you can easily change your YShout 5 appearance per your website requirement.
YShout is the perfect complement to your standards-valid website. It outputs proper XHTML styled by completely customizable (and almost equally valid) CSS.
It is also non-intrusive, so you can stop worrying about ruining your perfect markup. Just toss in an empty div, and you’re done!
Download:- YShout 5