Picok – your Personal Information Dashboard
Picok stands for Personal Information Cockpit. it is an open source software which allow you to build your personal information dashboards.
Its a multi user, multi-language supported Information Dashboard, where users content is loaded into small draggable boxes, so called portlets, and layed out in a tabbed column-based interface.
Picok is written in PHP 5 and uses the Yahoo User Interface Library and Zend Framework Components and supports MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM Lotus Notes and is ready to be integrated into your corporate intranet, website or community platform as well.
Picok is currently developed and maintained by Liip AG, an Agile Web Development consultancy based in Switzerland (Zürich/Fribourg/Bern).
- Its a multi user, multi-language supported Information Dashboard
- Clear structure and documentation make it easy to extend the application with custom portlets and contents.
- User-friendly Interface : you can easily add, remove and edit users; reset user profiles; add portlets and tabs to user profiles; configure the available RSS feeds; add, remove and edit portlets; disable portlets.
- Tabbed Interface: Allows creation, labeling and removing of tabs to organize different types of information.
- Portlet management: Add portlets from a predefined set
- Tab management: Easily Add, label and remove tabs.
- Portlet auto refresh: Each portlet updates its content automatically in a predefined interval
- browser compatibility
- Okapi Framework
- Authentication via Lotus Notes Token or integrated user registration.