SiteFusion – build desktop applications with PHP
SiteFusion is an open-source server-based application development platform written in PHP and works through a thin XUL client.
it’s an application development framework that allows developers to code applications in object-oriented PHP to run on a server but looks and behaves like native desktop applications through a XUL Runner-based thin client.
You can connect to the SiteFusion daemon through an ordinary Web server and applications run in separate continuous processes and make two-way real-time ZLib compressed communication with the client, without the need for additional Web server configurations.
Developers can easily and quickly write both large and small-scale applications with site fusion that need connectivity to a central server.
Because the server applications development tool is written in PHP, even novice programmers can quickly build something that looks very professional, while experienced programmers can use a full set of tools behind the scenes.
Features of SiteFusion
- Build Platform-independent applications
- looks and behaves like native desktop applications
- Writing applications in pure object-oriented PHP languages
- client-side file handling
- No traditional browser security restrictions: access the client file system, run programs, play sounds, etc…
- It’s Fast!
- API that offers the full set of possibilities that XUL and PHP entail
- Client connecting through a regular web server, no additional configuration required
- Thin, update-free XUL client
- XULCustomTree, the adapted tree class that unlocks all features of the Mozilla tree view including sorting, drag & drop, and editable cells. Also supports sparse trees, allowing efficient presentation and operation of trees of over 10000 nodes
- Continuous processes on the server side governed by a daemon
- Two-way real-time ZLib compressed communication
- No exposure to application logic and code
- Silently pushing these client extensions from the server, without user interaction. This enables the client to effectively transform into any form required by the application.
- Jobs, cronjob-like timed execution of a PHP script, and mailing of the output to a specified address
Download : SiteFusion