Twitter API Toolbox: 25 Useful Twitter API Scripts and libraries for Power Tweeters
Twitter is a social networking and micro-blogging service that allows its users to send and read other users’ updates. One thing I like about twitter is simplicity.
So Are you a Twitter addicted ? or want to make your own application for twitter. Take a look at this list with Twitter API Scripts and libraries for make your own twitter application to send and receive Twitter Updates.
- Grackle : Lightweight Ruby library for the Twitter REST and Search APIs that supports both Basic and OAuth authentication.
- Twitter gem : Twitter gem is a API wrapper for Twitter and Twitter Search API’s. It support to OAuth and HTTP Auth.
- Twittery : Twittery is a lightweight Ruby class that interfaces with Twitter’s API to make interacting with Twitter simple as possible.
- Twitter4R : Twitter4R is a Open Source Ruby Library for Twitter REST API . Twitter4R is supported to SSL, proxy and user agent (“source”) customization. It released under the MIT License as a Ruby Gem.
- ASTwitterLibrary: ASTwitterLibrary is a script that contains a list of methods to Integrate Twitter into your Applescripts or Applescript Studio project.
- Tweet : Tweet is a Twitter Quicksilver Action which help you to update Twitter via Quicksilver.
- TwiTunes Applescript : Twitunes Applescript is a combination of Coda’s Tweet Quicksilver script and some lines from Doug’s Applescripts for Mac OS X that posts the current iTunes track to Twitter .
- iQuickTwitter – My Quicksilver + Twitter + iChat + Growl Hack : iQuickTwitter is a AppleScript that integrates Quicksilver, iChat, and Growl with Twitter. It Counts characters and notifies you by Growl if you exceed 140 characters and also Notifies you by Growl when your tweet is sent.
- JTwitter : JTwitter is a small Java library providing easy access to the Twitter API. It Set and get your status, manage your network of friends, message friends.
- Twitter4J : Twitter4J is an open-sourced, mavenized and Google App Engine safe Java library for the Twitter API which is released under the BSD license.
- Java Twitter : Java Twitter is a Java wrapper around the Twitter API .It provide pure java interface for the Twitter API .
- JTwitter : JTwitter is a small library providing easy access to the Twitter API. Set and get your status, manage your network of friends, message friends, etc.
- RSS to Twitter: A simple RSS to twitter API script which allow you to send RSS feeds directly to your Twitter Account .
- MailTwitterPHP: MailTwitterPHP is an email to Twitter gateway script that allow you to connect to a specified IMAP inbox, cycle through all email and attempt to post the body of each email as a new Twitter to a specified Twitter account. MailTwitterPHP required PHP with IMAP support to run smoothly.
- Twitter2HTML : Twitter2HTML is a free script that helps you easily add your latest tweets to your website. It Show your latest tweets on your website with this simple PHP script which use Twitter API not Twitter RSS feeds for instant updates. Requires cURL.
- Twitter Sig : TwitSig is a service that will generate an dynamic images signature from your Twitter profile and displaying the most-recent tweet. This image can then be shared as a signature within your email or on forums and blogs.
- TwitterScript : TwitterScript is a ActionScript 3.0 library for accessing Twitter’s APIs. This was originally code from Twitter, but it is being open sourced so it can be maintained and kept current.
- SWX Twitter API : SWX Twitter API is the easiest way to build Flash applications that use Twitter. SWX stands for SWF Data Exchange Format. It’s a new, native, data format for Flash that uses simple SWF files to store and exchange data.
- tweetr : Tweetr is supported to AS3, REST API, Search API, and URL shortening. Also includes a simple PHP Proxy Class that allows Tweetr API to be used for flashes that are supposed to be deployed on the web. Effectively circumventing the twitter crossdomain restrictions.
- Python Twitter : python-twitter is a python wrapper around the Twitter API and the twitter data model. It provide pure python interface for the Twitter API and twitter data model . Thus three model classes are twitter.Status, twitter.User, and twitter. Direct Message.
- Twyt : Twyt is a Twitter API interface library for Python which provide an interface to the remote Twitter API functions and classes to allow you to update your Twitter status, retrieve the different timelines that Twitter offers and generally keep up with what your friends are tweeting about.
- twitty-twister : Twitty twister is a twisted client for twitter-like APIs. it allows you to access twitter-compatible APIs from pure twisted apps. It supports standard and OAuth authentication.
- twython : twython is a open source and up to date, pure Python wrapper for the Twitter API that Support to Twitter’s search API, Twitter’s main API, and (soon) using OAuth with Twitter/Streaming API.
- pytweet : A pythonic library that provides a simple interface to the Twitter API.
- retweet : A retweet bot for Twitter written in Python. The script republishing any tweets that start with “@username”, where “username” is the value you gave the USER variable.